Translate

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Salvation

This week Hayden's email got me thinking...a lot.  In it he mentions the American Cup and what it is doing to gospel teaching opportunities right now.  My favorite line is where he says something about soccer being more important than salvation.  I started asking myself the question, "What is getting in the way of my salvation?" Indeed, I came up with plenty to answer that question.  In fact, I started to get overwhelmed with that list and I got discouraged.  As I have pondered it even further, I came to the conclusion that what matters most about my salvation is my relationship with the Savior.  When I study and emulate His life, I know I am on the right track.

"We know that salvation is in Christ; that he was the Firstborn Son of the Eternal Father; that he was chosen and foreordained in the councils of heaven to work out the infinite and eternal atonement; that he was born into the world as the Son of God; and that he has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."
President Joseph Fielding Smith

"Hey guys! 

This week was... really hard! Haha this sector is kicking our butts right now. The American Cup is also in Santiago right now.. These people get turnt for anything about soccer. It`s like the Superbowl every day. So we have had to enter the house early a few times when Chile is playing. Oh, and did I mention that nobody wants to listen because SOCCER is more important than Salvation down here? 

Alright. There was my venting! Haha we are teaching the Hatians still! They are awesome. My kid in the mission just had 2 baptisms in my old sector! I love seeing people that I helped teach get baptized. It made me so happy! 

Chile plays against Mexico today.. and my comp is from Mexico. That`ll be fun. 

These past few weeks I have been learning a ton about patience and humility! Haha Sunday was the first week in 6 months that we haven`t had an investigator in the church. That was hard! Pray for us! Haha 

We are super happy though! I love the Elders in my ward! They are good guys! 

I`ll write more when more happens.. Haha we are pumped for this week! 

Love ya`ll
Elder Clegg"


No comments:

Post a Comment