Translate

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Miracles Happen Every Day

Tuesdays were always just Tuesdays before Hayden went on his mission. It was the day after Monday, the day before Wednesday and just too many days away from the weekend to get excited. Now, we have an absolutely different opinion of Tuesdays. They can't come fast enough! We love them! We talk about the next one coming with joy! That is because we get to hear from our favorite Elder...and he did not disappoint yesterday.

"Hello Everyone!

This is Semana 6. Haha I am really bad at subject lines and such.

I have officially been a missionary for a month now. I feel like I have been gone a week. Nope. I'll be leaving the CCM next week, so I won't be able to write. That's ok though. I am so ready to be out of the CCM and on to the real stuff.

Let me share with you something that I've learned this month:

I now know that Language is a barrier. Once we are able to get through that barrier, we can communicate with people that are so amazing. It has been awesome to make friends from all over the world through Spanish. I can't wait to see what doors will be opened by it. I have also learned that above all, the hand of God is in Missionary work. There are miracles that happen every day! If you can't tell I am in love with Chile.. Haha it was a miracle I got sent here and I am so grateful for it.

Here's the most spiritual experience I have had at the CCM.. This week one of my teachers named Hermano Alvarez started talking to us at lunch about miracles that happen on missions. During his mission he got pinched in between two cars and showed us a picture of the cars.. They were broken.. dented in.. not functioning.. but he walked it off? Yeah, that doesn't just happen. All of us headed to our next class pumped. While reading the BOM in Helamen about the Lord protecting people, the topic of miracles came up again, but this time with Hermano Torres. He reluctantly went on to tell us about his Mission miracle.. Mom. Don't freak out. Haha one night he was sleeping in his apartment and heard somebody come in and start moving things. He got up with a flashlight and walked into 5 men armed and ready to rob. The men stabbed him multiple times, hit him with a machete.. and pretty much tried to kill him. He recalled feeling the pain and thinking he was going to die. His companion came out of the room and they left, when they took off his shirt to see what had happened, he was totally fine. Not a scratch. Either those guys had really dull machetes, or he was protected. He then bore testimony to us that he KNOWS for a fact that God lives and has a plan for his missionaries. The spirit was insanely strong.

On a lighter note, lemme tell ya a story about Elder "Big Rich". He likes Kendrick Lamar and sleeps on the bunk above me. One night at the dinner table, 10 or so of us were sitting there talking about dreams.. The whole time he sat there with a big smile on his face.. like a grin.. same as in the pictures. He then proceeded to say, "I always dream about girls from home." Hahaha I just couldn't handle it.. I died. Like peed. But that's not all.. Later that night, at like 11.. I hear from the top bunk.. "Want to hear about my dreams." I say, "yeah sure Rich" Then he proceeds to say.."Ok I will tell you some.. but some I can't on the mission." I busted out laughing.. the entire story was about him kissing some girl that likes to smoke hookah.. I laughed so hard I threw up a little bit.. Haha I thought it was done, but then I was about to sleep and he says, "If I fall out of bed onto you, you'll know why." Good laws!"

Enough about me! Hope you have a great two weeks,
Love Elder Clegg


I pray Heavenly Father blesses our son with peace and strength as he makes the transition out into the mission field. I pray he gets an awesome trainer/senior companion and that they can do great things to further the work. I pray Hayden's Spanish skills will improve so he can speak comfortably and interact with people. I pray he is obedient and that allows him to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost so he can be prompted, prepared and peaceful. That will be the prayer in my heart for several Tuesdays to come.

View of Chile
A visual of Elder "Big Rich"
One of Hayden's Cache Valley friends serving in Chile...Elder Riley Pence







No comments:

Post a Comment