Translate

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Some Weeks Are Like That

One of my favorite children's books is Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Alexander, the main character, tells the story from his perspective. I'm sure you've all read it. It has also been a favorite for my kids to read. While the book focuses on the terrible things happening to Alexander that day, my favorite part is how it ends. "It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My Mom says some days are like that. Even in Australia." Hayden hasn't had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, or week. But from all the emails we received yesterday, it sounds like he has had a pretty good, nothing too exciting, frustrating at times, figuring it out, kind of a week. And this Mom says, "Some weeks are like that. Even in Chile."


"Hola Amigos y Familia,

Hi guys. This girl is trying to talk to me right now and I am just really not in the mood to talk about anything. Good laws I am trying to type. Haha ok she is done.

This week. Absolutely nothing crazy happened. Haha how weird is that? I guess I´ll take the chance to tell you a little bit about Chile.

The food here...It´s really good. I am gonna get fat guys! We have a really big lunch every day.. Pretty normal stuff, but we eat a ton of bread! Haha Chilean bread. Try it if you get the chance.

My sector. It´s in the suburbs of Santiago. It is literally just a bunch of houses. We are in a ward called Nueva San Martin! Haha there are soooooooooo many inactive members here! We are always trying to help them.

My companion... he is a good guy. We just are not the same type of people! He likes to play soccer and that is the only thing he talks about. He isn´t great at Spanish, but Chileans are.. so it's not hard to learn! My favorite piece of advice from him was, "Hey, if he is using sign language, that means he can´t hear you." Thanks man! Also, when dogs and stuff come after us, he likes to hide behind me. Hahaha oh well. I am learning patience, and I should be nicer. I am sure I am not the easiest person to live with.

That´s all for this week guys. We are working hard! Haha we got the companionship of the week for the mission! So I guess that means we are doing something right. Not sure what that means..

Love you all!

Sorry I was boring this week."

Con Amor,
Elder Clegg

Hayden wrote his own captions...

There are lots of stray dogs here.. Haha some of them are really cute! Others try to bite me. (Not sure which category this one falls into. He's not looking too trustworthy to me...)

Chilean Sunsets are better than Cache Valley Sunsets. I am sorry guys, but it's the truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment