Translate

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Lord of the Rings

Growing up, Hayden's all time favorite movie series would have to be Star Wars. Second to that is Lord of the Rings. He and Mike watched them together multiple times. (I tried to watch them. I really did, but Gollum scared the living daylights out of me! To this day, if I think about that crazy little fellar, I get the shivers...) So it's no surprise to me that Hayden compared an experience he had this week to a scene from the movie. And just in case you are a super fan, here are a few of the best quotes! P.S. Hallmark channel should really consider doing a remake for wimps like me.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." – Gandalf the Grey
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." – Thorin Oakenshield
"Not all those who wander are lost." – J.R.R. Tolkien
"It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit." – J.R.R. Tolkien

"Hey guys..

I like starting out with my crazy experiences..

Crazy experience #1234098...I cooked for myself for the first time in the mission. That was a ghetto experience. 3 meals by Hayden Clegg are really good to clear out the system.

Crazy experience #120918751...Well, Lord of the Rings.. Like I turned a corner this week just to find a street in chaos.. It looked like a battle out of the movie. Haha everybody was just going to town with these sticks.. using them like swords! It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Like Women.. Children.. Probably 20 people fighting with sticks. Ghetto brawls...they´re just the cutest little things. This one dude pretended to run away but then came back for a cheap shot to the back of the head with his stick and then ran away again. I about died laughing.

I just wanna tell about all the crazy things that happen, but look at me! I am showing restraint this week.

Well, the teaching is still going great! I went on divisions with Elder Moore this week in my sector. We found a family of 22 that said we could come back and teach them the next week! Haha oh "I´m Dreaming of a whiteeee birthdayyyy.." Haha 22 baptisms on my birthday would be just about the coolest thing ever. Haha but Manuel, one of our investigators, is doing super well. He bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting this week. He will be baptized this next week.

I am learning so much patience with my comp, but it´s alright. Haha I went on another group of divisions with 2 latinos! They are pretty dang funny!

I love this sector so very much. It is so humble, but it is so very definitely where I need to be. Everything just feels right here! I am dang happy. Read the Book of Mormon. I love that thing!

Elder Clegg

Pics..

Baptism Selfie
Latinos in their prime
Elder Bertagna and me (He was serving with his wife and they finished their mission this week.)"





No comments:

Post a Comment