Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Training!

Parents train their kids to do a lot of things. In fact, most of parenting is training. I've had my fair share of training wins and losses. Potty training my kids was one of the tougher training moments in my mothering days. My kids were all on the, "I'll do it when I'm ready" plan. Aubrey was probably the easiest. Autumn and Hayden were not easy. I tried so hard to potty train Autumn before we moved from Wisconsin. That girl would go just enough times to earn the Polly Pockets I had stashed away for her and then...she was done. Hayden too, except his motivation came in the form of Matchbox cars, not Polly Pockets. (Mike was grateful for that.) I just gave up and figured they'd go when they were ready.
The day Autumn finally decided she was ready was MOVING DAY! Yes, she potty trained on moving day. If you know Autumn, that comes as no surprise. In all fairness to her, after about three days of training during chaos, she had it down. Hayden took a little more convincing. I remember standing in Wal-Mart, looking at the Pull-Ups and trying to have an adult-like conversation. I appealed to his logical and reasoning side. (And yes, he was old enough to have that conversation...) Needless to say, it was the last package of Pull-Ups I purchased, so something must have clicked in his brain. Aubrey has loved playing with the hand-me-down Polly Pockets and the Matchbox cars have had their fair share of love too.

Now Hayden gets to try his hand at training! He is officially a trainer and received his "greenie" this week. I pray things go well for this new companionship! I hope they work hard and find new people to teach. That's a far better reward than a Matchbox car anyway!

His time was short this week. He sent the first one on his normal P-day.

"Hey Guys! My writing time is tomorrow. I am training! Haha it´s gonna be flipping crazy. Right now I am with the grandson of Elder Ballard and I get my "greenie" tomorrow! So if people freak out at home.. Just tell them I am alive and s´cute.

Love ya guys,

Elder Clegg

Hey guys!

I have like no time to write... Again! Haha these past couple weeks have been absolutely crazy and I have so much to write about, but no time! Haha

Looks like I am training this change! So that means that I will be able to go get my "greenie" and do a temple session today. Right now I am in the really rich part of Santiago and it`s like a different world.

The only thing I have to say about training is this poor "greenie" is headed straight to (in scriptural terms).. The wilderness of afflictions. Our area is tough!

I`ll get my full email time next week! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Have a great week!

Elder Clegg"


Also a huge shout-out to Elder Cole Bangerter who got home this week from Hayden's mission. He and Hayden met at Sky View in a Spanish class (ironic, huh?). Elder Bangerter was A.P. when Hayden got into the field. He helped Hayden so much and we will forever be grateful to him!! I can't wait to meet him and hear his stories...











Hayden in the "wilderness of affliction". He actually LOVES his area and feels badly that the people have to live in such conditions.


No comments:

Post a Comment