Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Teaching the Teacher

It seems like Hayden's role as trainer is going well. I know he is teaching this new elder many things about Chile, the people, the culture and how to be a missionary. What I don't think Hayden saw coming was what this elder was going to teach him. This Guatemalan missionary has a humbling story and has sacrificed so much to be there. Here are a few more details Hayden gave me this week. "My comp has a dang cool story! His Dad died when he was 14 and he left home to look for success in the Capital. He lived in the streets for a long time, never went to school, never had family.. but he got a job in a hospital and worked super hard. He found the church...paid for his Mom to be alright.. saved money for his mission.. now he is here! He is 25! Could you send a package, just for him? He hasn't had one person email him in his whole mission! Elder Baten is his name. I am so lucky to be able to train him!"

You can rest assured there will be a package headed to Chile with Elder Baten's name on it!


"Hello.

This week has been pretty dang crazy! We had a couple miracle baptisms, so that was cool! Oscar and Ivonne got dunked!

I contacted the scary part of my sector this week... I saw somebody get mugged. Like they tackled this dude to the ground and put the gun straight to his eye. Then shot him. Right in front of us...... They were actually like 6 and had nerf guns, but it still looked like it hurt the poor little feller.

I don´t know what has changed about me, but the drunk guys in my sector want to marry me. One told me I was prettier than all the stars in the heavens. My comp loves reminding me about that.

My comp is dope. He left home at 14 to live in the capital city of Guatemala.. like in the streets. He is a beast at just about everything! Haha he is the coolest dude and came super ready! I love what we call Greenie power, because it´s real! Haha we have had a ton of great things happen these past two weeks!

I am just really struggling to think of what to say.. Time passes so fast! Everybody here is pregnant. I am heading into winter. I hate dogs. This dude next to me types like a wildabeast. I want to baptize the world!"

Love,
Elder Clegg


A few pictures of Hayden's birthday!



















Hayden with HIS trainer.


















I'm guessing this is at the baptism of Oscar and Ivonne with Elder Baten.

No comments:

Post a Comment