Translate

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Heavenly Father is in Charge

As Hayden has served his mission, I have seen Heavenly Father's hand manifested in so many ways.

In his growing up years, I can see that Hayden was given the opportunity to meet and become friends with a Haitian boy who was adopted into a loving family in our ward.  They shared life experiences and it made Hayden a better person.  Fast forward to the moment on Hayden's mission when he was asked to help in the Haitian Branch in Santiago.  He instantly felt tender feelings for those beautiful people.

I can see the choice Hayden made early on to work with his special needs peers becoming a huge blessing in his life.  He took the peer tutoring classes and always came home inspired and touched by his time there.  In his senior year, Hayden chose to help with the special needs high school soccer team.  He practiced with them every day, he rode the bus to their games, and he traveled to Salt Lake to participate in their Special Olympics soccer tournament.  (I was blessed to attend this event with him.  I hold those memories close.)  Hayden shares a story this week about a special needs boy that reminded me again of how wonderful our Father in Heaven is.  His plan for our happiness is sure.


"Super good week! Haha I had a ton of fun! I ended up being able to go back and work in two of my old sectors...Diagonal and Nueva San Martin! The Lord put so many of the people that I knew in my way. I had probably the coolest experience of my mission in Diagonal. It was exactly a year since I left there!

We were walking on these ghetto streets going to meet up with some Elders, when all of a sudden this kid with some special needs comes up to me with his Mom...so we contacted them and I was like, "Hey have you talked with missionaries before..?"  Then the Mom starts to say, "Yeah we have...we always remember one that came through here.  He was so kind to Luciano one day."  (Her child with Down Syndrome.)  Then she just started crying when she read my name.  She said, "Clegg. We never thought you'd come back. It´s so good to see you. Luciano talks about you every day." Haha then I started crying when I realized that it was a little kid that I had gone out of my way to be nice to one day. I only talked to that kid once, but it´s so crazy how some of the little things we do will always be remembered by these people. 

Super good to see some of my converts like Danny!  (Picture below)

We worked super hard in our sector this week and found like 12 people in one day.  I bet that most of them will be baptized!  Super cool. We don´t have much time in our sector, but when we do.. I love it! 

Love all you guys...
Especially my MOMMY! 
Elder Clegg

P.S. We bought some super cool knock off Jordan Jumpsuits. These are what all of the Chilean gang bangers wear.  I love them!  Haha! 

Danny

Completos"








No comments:

Post a Comment