Translate

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Telemarketers

Recently I read somewhere that one of the women in the Church Auxiliary Presidencies uses telemarketing phone calls to her home as a means of sharing the gospel.  I was inspired by that, so I decided to give it a try!  Sure enough, one called and I didn't even let him get past "Hello".  I started talking faster than I ever thought I could.  I shared with him the Plan of Salvation.  I asked him if he knew who Jesus Christ was and he said "Yes".  (He was still on the line!)  I said some more stuff and then turned him over to the missionaries in his area.  Then I hung up.  My heart was going to explode. I was sweating and I felt like I had just done something amazing.  I could not wait to tell Hayden that I did some missionary work!  In my next email, I told him all about it.  I was sure he would tell me how proud he was of me!  Instead, he showed me up.  Read on...

"Haha that makes me laugh about the telemarketer thing, because I got the chance to do it this week as well! I´ve been wanting to do it a ton! I got the baptismal invite in on the phone!"

Yep!  He got the baptismal invite in on the phone!  I have a lot to learn about this technique.  Good thing Hayden will be home in a month and I can watch the pro in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment