Hayden didn't send a group email this week, but I still have plenty to share!
Two weeks ago, Mike got an email from Hayden saying that his ATM card had been eaten by the machine while getting money out. (Perhaps the card had expired.) He asked about a replacement card and how in the world would he get it fast enough. Here's where the story gets good and you can see Heavenly Father's hand...
1. We had just received his new card in the mail the prior week. (Which makes me think it had expired.)
2. We wondered how we would get it to him in a timely and safe manner.
3. A few days later, a good friend reminded us that her Dad was going to Santiago that weekend to lay carpet in the temple and he was willing to deliver a package to Hayden.
4. We got a package together for him and included the ATM card.
5. The "carpet guy" left on Saturday and made it to Santiago in time to attend HAYDEN'S WARD!
6. He delivered the package for us, gave him love from home and sent pictures and updates. We got to see Hayden in "real time"!!
7. Hayden had been sick a lot of the week and it was just the blessing he needed.
8. Our hearts are full of gratitude to this family for the service they have given our family. Thank you Carpet Guy!
“God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other.”
President Spencer W. Kimball
Here are the photos that they took while at church. The numbers in the corner of the pictures simply mean that we took them off Snapchat. If you don't know what that is, ask a teenager. The last picture is a duplicate of the first one...I just wanted to see that happy face a bit closer.